Monday, June 14, 2010

What has Happened to our Government

Along the gulf coast of Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana there are over 12,000+ unemployed individuals who are legal citizens of this country. Many of these unemployed people have been former military personnel that served this country to keep all citizens safe and have the ability to practice the freedoms we so much enjoy. Others became unemployed because of the drop in residential and commercial construction, which affected many suppliers of the construction industry also had to layoff employees, and now being faced with the disaster of the oil spill.

Many if not all of these 12,000+ unemployed people received a letter stating their unemployment compensation ran out as of June 05, 2010. Why? Because those who were voted into office of congress and senate have failed their states by not making it an issue to vote to extend the unemployment compensation. This is just another issue that does not affect them directly so it has been placed on the back burner for other things they believe to be more important. Of course those members of congress and the senate are not in fear of losing their homes, autos, or not having the ability to pay their utilities without that small weekly compensation.

I returned to college to get my degree and be a more productive employee, for which I was one of those that was laid off from the down fall of the construction industry on January 14, 2009. I have sent out over 689 resumes and job applications, had 178 interviews only to be told I am over qualified for the position I was applying. I also resulted to researching online income possibilities only to find 98% of those were scams. Now I continue to send out resumes and apply for jobs that I know I am qualified for and even looking to apply for jobs in foreign countries that would appreciate the education, experience, skills, and abilities I have to offer. But as of today, I am praying that the latest contact I have had for an accounts receivable position will contact me for an interview with a positive outcome.

This goes to show that I am only one example of what this country has become. Then there are those companies that base their hiring of employees on their credit score. Can you imagine how many of those 12,000+ people will not be hired because of their time of unemployment compensation did not cover all their debts and their credit scores dropped below what companies have as the minimum score they will hire with. I have only one question for all those companies, how does a credit scored measure the ability a person has to preform the duties of a position?

So if anyone knows of companies that are hiring, and could care less what their employees credit scores are but want quality employees, please let me know. There 12,000+ unemployed people on the gulf coast looking for work and most of them are welling to relocate for the opportunity to have a paycheck again.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment